Date of closure: September 30th 2019
Address (for reference only):
The building opened in 1929, the New Princes Theatre had seating for 1,600, and although it was fully equipped for theatre (fly tower, and stage house), it was mainly used for cinema. Designed by George Bell, and with an interesting columned frontage, the cinema closed in 1977. We are not sure if the bingo club was perviously operated by a different company, or whether it has always been under the control of Beach Bingo.
The club ceased operations as a bingo hall in September 2019, when its parent company Beach Bingo ceased trading. We are currently unaware of plans for the building in the future, whether it will reopen under a new company as a bingo hall or face a change of use is up in the air at the moment.
Other Lost Halls In The Area
As you can see from these photos, the North Shields Beach Bingo was a large old fashioned theatre style hall with a deco feel and trimmings. These photos were taken whilst under the ownership of Beach Bingo.