Date of closure: TBC
Address (for reference only):
Walthamstow Mecca Bingo was located in the premises of the former Prince’s Pavilion. Opened in 1909, the original cinema closed in 1930, and was demolished.
The rebuilt Dominion Cinema was opened in 1930, having been designed by Frederick E. Bromige, who must have been one of the busiest cinema architects of his day, with a seating capacity of 1685. ABC took over in 1931, but the cinema closed in 1958, reopened, then closed again in 1961. Ownership of the bingo club was by both Jasmine, and Mecca. The building is still standing at time of writing, although its future is unsure.
By Gareth Whieldon (September 2010)