Date of closure: 2003
Address (for reference only):
The history of Plaza Bingo bucks the trend, as the premises’ usage has gone around full circle, from cinema, to bingo, and back to cinema – which is quite rare. If bingo legislation changes it could even go another round of bingo – fingers crossed!
The cinema was opened in 1933, with a seating capacity of 968, which reflects Dorchester’s small population. The club lasted 25 years until it was closed in about 2003.
By Gareth Whieldon (September 2010)