Lost Bingo Halls - Bingo Mysteries - Gallery Page
We have a number of pictures in our archive that we're not sure about. Can you help us in our project to create an archive of old bingo halls on the internet? If you do recognise any of the clubs below, please contact us, and let us know what you know about the club. We're looking for information on who run them, what they were called and where they were located. What info we have about these photographs is listed below them.
We'll be very grateful and will ensure that you are credited with providing the knowledge or any photos. You will also be helping to ensure that while many UK bingo halls are gone, they are certainly not forgotten. If you enjoy these photos, then you'll find more bingo hall photographs in both the Lost Bingo Halls and Bingo History sections of the site.
Do You Recognise Any Of Bingo The Clubs Below?
If you spot one we've not identified and recognise it, please contact us
1. We've been informed by Ian Grundy that this was the Bideford Strand. Although the building was still standing in 1980, we still don't have much info about the bingo operation - can you help?
2. There can't have been too many Coliseums in Litherland! This one has been identified as Top Flight Litherland by Ian Grundy.
3. Identified as Wolverton Zetters Bingo by Martin Tapsell.
4. This Birkenhead mystery has been identified as Birkenhead Top Rank Bingo by Ian Grundy.
5. Identified as the Knotty Ash Granada Bingo Club by Graham Forrest.
6. Interiors are more difficult to identify, but we do know this was a Grosvenor Cinema in Stanley Road Liverpool. Do you have any details?
7. Identified as Runcorn La Scala Bingo by Graham Forrest.
8. Identified as Moreton Top Ten Bingo by Lee Joinson.
9. Another Liverpool Club, this was the Regent Social Club, but was it the Regent Bingo Club? Does it still stand? What is it called now?
10. This is quite an architecturally interesting building, but we don't know about its bingo history. Can you help?
11. We know this was previously the Swan Cinema, but other than its change of name to the Merriefield, we've drawn a blank. Do you know anything about this ex bingo club?
12. Identified as Top Rank Casino Bingo, Liverpool by Graham Forrest.
13. Identified as Avenue Bingo Liverpool by Ian Grundy
14. Identified as the Regal Top Rank Bingo Liverpool by Graham Forrest.
15. Identified as Winter Gardens, Waterloo by Ian Grundy.
16. Do you recognise this Aylesham bingo club?
17. Identified as Bedford Mecca Bingo by Ian Grundy.
18. Identified as Camberwell Zetters Bingo by Martin Tapsell
19. Identified as Gillingham Gala Bingo by Martin Tapsell
20. Identified as Hemel Hempstead Jasmine Bingo by Martin Tapsell
21. Identified as the Gloucester Mecca (still open), by Graham Forrest.
22. Identified as Radford Carlton Bingo, by Tim Wayne.
23. Identified as Coral Bingo Club in Chatham by Martin Tapsell
24. Identified as The Jasmine Bingo Club in Maida Vale by Martin Tapsell
25. Identified as Longton Gala Bingo Club by Owen Whitfield.
26. Identified as Silverline Bingo Club by Tim Wayne
27. Identified as The Lucky 7 Bingo Club in Cambridge by Martin Tapsell
28. Identified as Mecca Palais club on Fountainbridge Road in Edinburgh by Paul Hodgson.
29. Identified as Premier Bingo in Edinburgh (still open) by Martin Tapsell
30. Identified as The Top Rank in Peterborough by Martin Tapsell
31. Can you tell us anything about this Coral Bingo club in Penge?
32. Identified as The Ritz in Penzance by Martin Tapsell
33. Identified as Opera Bingo Penrith (Open), by Charlotte Kennedy.
34. Identified as Opera Bingo Penrith (Open), by Charlotte Kennedy.
35. Identified as Mecca Bingo in Shepherd's Bush by Martin Tapsell
36. Identified as Regal Bingo in Purley by Martin Tapsell
37. Identified as Gala Bingo in Salisbury (still open) by Martin Tapsell
38.Identified as Winchester Top Rank Bingo Club by Ian Grundy.
39. Identified as Snodland Savoy Bingo, do you have any details of the club's history?
40. Identified as Tunbridge Cascade Bingo by John Tice.
41. Identified as Thanet Mecca Bingo (open) by Graham Forrest.
42. Identified as Gillingham Gala Bingo by Martin Tapsell
43. Identified as Gala Bingo in Dover (still open) by Martin Tapsell
44. Identified as Gala Bingo in Chatham (still open) by Martin Tapsell
45. Identified as Gala Bingo in Dartford (still open) by Martin Tapsell
46. Identified as Savoy Bingo in Folkstone by Martin Tapsell
47. This has been identified as the interior of Top Rank Bingo/Empress Theatre by Jeremy Buck
49. We have been sent an image of the corner of a bingo hall by Ryan Wain, although we cannot publish it due to copyright reasons. Ryan would like to know which bingo hall it is (as would we), the photograph can be seen here. We do know it was a Top Rank Club, but are not sure where. Top marks for anyone who can identify this one as there's not much to go on (the image isn't large enough to zoom in on the bus timetable for a clue).
FOUND IT! Thanks to Garry Jamieson who came across it quite by chance, and has pointed us towards the Essoldo on Caledonian Road, Lower Holloway, London. This photo should prove it!
If you can provide any information on the above halls, please drop us a line!