Land Bingo Section Index
Welcome to our Land Bingo section, a place full of information on the UK's high street bingo halls and clubs. In recent years the UK's bingo industry has been taking a hiding, with lots of clubs closing and disappearing.
The reasons for this are many, the smoking ban, aging buildings, competition from online bingo and people having less money to spend in these times of recession; all of these reasons and more have contributed to the decline of bricks and mortar retail bingo here in Britain.
But if you thought traditional land-based bingo was on the decline, you couldn't be more wrong. Whilst there have been losses, there game itself remains popular, and in some cases has improved in a way to appeal to an even wider (and younger) audience than that of the traditional bingo player. With around 420 clubs still active in the UK, retail bingo can boast far greater player numbers than its online rival, and continues to be a social night out for millions of us.
This section is all about land bingo, and features a number of great sections on the game. It has the UK's most comprehensive guide to the bingo clubs around the country, where you can send us your comments and photos to add to the information we already have. We also have the largest archive of bingo halls that no longer operate, and aim to increase the amount of pages we have dedicated to the UK's rich bingo heritage.
As well as these club related resources, you'll find more general information in our guides and history sections, both full of interesting pieces to do with the game's development and popularity. Below you'll find information on the sections in the site, and if you think there's anything we could add, or anything we should change, feel free to contact us and let us know!
In The Land Bingo Section
- Bingo Guides - If you're new to the world of bingo, or just curious about how the game works, our guides section has a number of pieces to help you. From arranging a works bingo night to finding out about the different kinds of game on offer; you'll find a guide to help here. Visit
- Club Finder - in our section this is a quick couple of lines about what you would expect to find in that section. Always try and take the content in this little description to a length where it gets to 3 lines, but not more. Visit
- Bingo Maps - Find all the UK's bingo halls in our maps section. There are a lot of UK clubs, so we have split the maps into several regions of England, Scotland and Wales. Each club 'pinned' on the map has a link to full details about uncluding session times. Visit
- Bingo History - Find out more about the rich history of the game here in the UK with our land bingo history section. In depth pieces on the history of the game and some of its more popular palaces are amongst the highlights in our history section. Visit
- Lost Bingo Halls - From their birth in the 60s to the current day, the UK's bingo halls have had a look and culture all of their own. This section is an archive and celebration of the halls that have closed and been lost to the sands of time, as a record of what once was. Visit
- Old News Section - In 2012 we gave this site a complete new overhaul and improvement drive. A few of the old sections fell by the wayside along the way, and you'll find them in the Old News section. These sections are mainly land bingo focused, and are as follows:
- Bingo Caller Of The Year - The defunct Bingo Caller Of The Year run for a number of years, ending in 2007. Find details on the competition and past winners. Visit
- Brett's Corner - A regular look behind the scenes of Gala TV and bingo calling with the 2006 Bingo Caller Of The Year Brett Hyrjak. Visit
- The Playing Bingo Blog & UK Bingo News - Running from 2005 - 2010 our original news and blog section covered the world of UK bingo. Visit